Many of you probably noticed that our donation link in our email yesterday did not work. The link below will take you to the front page of the webpage where you can click on the DONATE button on the left side of the screen. DONATE HERE. Your donation will go into the parent group fund. We are a 501C3 and your donation is fully tax deductible.
Thank you so much for your patience and generosity.
Steller Community –
Please set aside a few minutes to help us stay connected AND support student learning. There are three ways we normally support our Steller Community at the beginning of the year and this year with online registration we missed this opportunity. In the past we had in-person registration, which allowed us easy connectivity. Times they are a changin’ and so now we are relying on these flash email messages. Please help us with all three of these links.
1) Let’s Stay Connected – Students and parents benefit from having access to phone numbers and email addresses. Let’s be sure to be available for information and invites to fun activities.
Fill out the directory information here
2) Time and Talent – How will you spend your volunteer hours at Stellers? Let us help you by connecting you to the activities where parents are needed most and are a good fit for what you like to do.
Please fill out the volunteer form here
3) Treasure – Each year our not-for-profit division (Parent Group) raises funds to support our learning community. Specific items paid for are things like – resources for passages and peer taught courses (everything from chess sets, to books, to computer parts), family picnic and social supplies, books, students scholarships for travel, etc. There are two major ways we get money for this fund. 1) An annual ask from every family ($50 per student or whatever works for your family. In years past, we usually collect more than $5,000 from this at the beginning of the year. This year the online Zangle function did not meet our needs, as we netted a total of $25. 2) Annual Community Gathering and Auction. Parents chose NOT to hold a million fundraisers and instead to simply ask folks to contribute along with attend and support the one major social FUNdraiser of the year. (more about this later). You can donate by using paypal or your credit card. With the current needs Steller is still very much in need we ask that you Please make your annual family contribution here.
As always we are so excited about the school year ahead and are grateful for your involvement at every opportunity.
Yearbook needs out of school activity pictures and out of school pictures. Please contact Svetlana email@example.com
Please note that it is cheaper to purchase the Yearbook during this quarter.
Current price is $55.00. Also, there is no custom personalization allowed by the publisher post December 31st deadline. If students wish to have a name/ special phrase on a cover, icons, or autograph section they must purchase the book this semester. Please purchase through Zangle or directly for jostens.com
Deadline for senior portraits and senior pages is December 17th. Please pick up senior layout for a page in the office.
Parent Group Meeting – October 7th
Ken’s Room at Steller Secondary School (6:00 PM to 7:30PM)
Key agenda items include:
- Principal’s and Staff Reports
- Ad Board Report
- Committee formation still needed for Fund Raising and Grant Committee
- Fund Raising
Draft agenda attached; other business items are welcomed and may be brought to the meeting or noticed to Bruce Robson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Meeting notes from September 9th are attached and the Treasurer’s report to be made available at the meeting.
Please come and support your Parent Group – students and others are welcomed and encouraged to attend..
Proposed agenda: PG October Meeting
All School Photo and Picture Retakes tomorrow 10/2/15 during lunch
Even if you don’t need a picture retake, please be here to participate in the All School Photo
Jason’s Advisory Group and Rosa’s Advisory Group will also be taking their photos.
If you would like to order pictures, please contact Scott or Alicia at Fitzgerald Photography at 726-1562.