The London trip is a go! We will be having a meeting after spring break to discuss and finalize the itinerary! The tentative itinerary and registration information is included on the flyer! If you have any questions please contact Philip at firstname.lastname@example.org .
The stats class needs your help.
We are gathering data for a project.
Please respond to this ONE question survey–estimated time to complete = less than 30 seconds
Alaska Health Fairs – Blood tests, Screenings, Health and Wellness Resources and more! www.AlaskaHealthFair.org
No registration required, walk in at any of the allotted times. Free community events made possible by your local agencies and volunteers. Bring your friends!
Students get a hands-on experience with Alaska’s State Government
Learn about the three branches of government
Participate in mock hearings
Meet government officials
Experience the Capital City
Sign up for 2019 Sessions!
February 10-15 & February 24-March 1
Save the Date: Anchorage School District
Substitute Teacher Open House
Thursday, November 1, 2018 5:30 p.m.
ASD is hiring Substitute Teachers. Are you interested in teaching for ASD but not sure what grade level or school is best for you? Are you recently retired and want to try something new? Or are you a recently retired teacher that misses working with students? Consider applying to be a Substitute Teacher at ASD.
ASD Substitute Teachers:
• Work a flexible schedule during the school year with summers off.
• Have options to work in different schools and grade levels.
• Are provided with lesson plans, tools, and support.
• Receive $150 payment for a full day of substitute teaching.
Dear Parents and Guardians,
Fall conferences will take place on Wednesday, Oct. 24 and Thursday, Oct 25. These are student led conferences that include the student, parent/guardian(s), and the advisor. The focus for your fall conference will be to check your progress thus far, set goals for the rest of the year, review credit count sheets and progress towards graduation, and address any concerns that students and/or parents might have.
Our goal is to have 100% attendance so all Steller students have the opportunity to show off their strengths and talk about areas they need to improve.
- Go to https://apps.asdk12.org/
- Choose Steller as the school
- Choose 7th grade! (In order to work the system, all conferences are scheduled as 7th graders.)
- For Team Name, choose your student’s ADVISOR
- Choose the date you wish to come in
- Choose your time and continue through the process.
- You can sign up to receive a reminder email.
Hello Steller Community,
It is time for DEA’s National Drug Take Back –
Saturday, October 27, 2018 from 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
Most abused prescription drugs come from family and friends. You could be a drug dealer and not even now it.
- Unused or expired prescription medications are a public safety issue, leading to accidental poisoning, overdose, and abuse.
- Pharmaceutical drugs can be just as dangerous as street drugs when taken without a prescription of a doctor’s supervision.
- The non-medical use of prescription drugs ranks second only to marijuana as the most common form of drug abuse in America.
- The majority of teenagers abusing prescription drugs get them from family and friends – and the home medicine cabinet.
- Unused prescription drugs thrown in the trash can be retrieved and abused or illegally sold. Unused drugs that are flushed contaminate the water supply.
- Take-back programs are the best way to dispose of old drugs. But if a program is not available:
- Take the meds out of their bottles;
- Mix them with something unappealing like used kitty litter or coffee grounds;
- Seal them in a bag or disposable container, and throw that away.
- For more information on prescription drug abuse, go to:
Below are Prescription Drug Take Back locations in your community: Find site locations
Be safe and not sorry, have a great week.