Each year we need a new volunteer driver form filled out and copies of the necessary documentation for the actual vehicle you will be driving. If you will be driving multiple vehicles, you will need to provide the documentation for EACH vehicle.
-current and valid driver license
-insurance in the minimum amount of $100,000/$300,000 bodily injury and $25,000 property damage and will maintain such coverage throughout the school year
-current vehicle registration
There is quite a collection in the Steller Lost & Found bins and the items would love to make it back home. Please stop by Tuesday or Wednesday next week and check out the slew of items we have and if they are yours, please take them home. Items not collected by Thursday May 31 will be donated to charity.
We also have two bicycles left from Troy’s intensive. If they are not picked up, they will be locked up in a secure location over the summer. Please don’t be without your bike for the summer and come and pick it up!
ALASKA REGIONAL HOSPITAL
FAMILY HEALTH & SAFETY FAIR
SATURDAY, JUNE 2 FROM 9 A.M. – 1 P.M.
Join us inside the hospital for health education, activities and family fun. Relax with a chair massage. Meet and greet a Therapy Dog. Meet our robots and learn about robotic surgery. Take a tour of the cath Lab. Test your knowledge while playing health education games. Kids can bring their teddy bear or plush toy for a checkup at Alaska Regional’s Stuffed Animal Clinic, where friends get the “beary best” care. Learn to be a “Germ Fighter.” Get your little one’s booster seat checked, and older folks can take a test to check their risk for falling and much more!
FREE HEALTH SCREENINGS
Free lab work available between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. (no fasting required)
Lipid Panel (total cholesterol, HDL, LDL, triglycerides) HbA1c (average blood sugar)
Please pre-register for lab work. Call 264-1722 or
visit alaskaregional.com/classes & events.
Annual screenings may provide valuable insight on current and potential medical issues,
and risk for chronic preventable diseases.
• Blood pressure and pulse
• Height, weight & BMI (Body Mass
• Waist circumference
• % of Body Fat
Hello graduates and their families! You made it!! Almost…
Take a minute to look over the schedule for Monday. Particularly notice that the times are not flexible.
* 7:00-8:30 – Senior breakfast
* 8:30-10:00– Advisory Group (seniors doing hand prints until 9:00)
* 10:00-11:00 – Class meetings (seniors leave for graduation)
* 11:30-1:00 – Seniors to Wendy Williamson for a run through and chair setup.
* Chairs will be set up at THIS time.
* There will NOT be time to add chairs at 2:30
* I can’t stress this enough…DO NOT wait and bring them when we reconvene for the ceremony at 2:30.
* 1:00-2:30 – Seniors must leave the building to get ready for the ceremony. WW policy does not allow minors to hang out without adult supervision–there will be no adult supervision during this time!!
* 2:30 – group pictures…don’t be late
* 3:00 – Ceremony begins!!
See you there!
We are currently still in need of parents to volunteer for the Souper Steller this Friday.
We need at least 2 volunteers on Thursday 2:00-4:00, and at least 2 volunteers Friday morning from 8:30-12:45.
We rely on parent help to keep serving warm meals to the Steller community.
If you are available to help at either of these times, please contact Emma Kramer at email@example.com.
Thank you SO MUCH for your continued support.
Grades 7 – 8
July 8 – July 28, 2018
Students explore Los Angeles and UCLA’s campus by taking classes in subjects such as Virtual Reality and Speech and Debate. Beyond their classes, students take advantage of activities on-campus: swimming, sports, games, movie nights, and off-campus, with trips to Disneyland, Universal Studios Hollywood, Malibu and Santa Monica beaches, and more.
We are pleased to inform you that the online application for the Jackie Robinson Foundation Scholarship is now available at www.jackierobinson.org
The JRF application is the vehicle through which more than 4,000 talented young minority high school students apply to become JRF Scholars and carry on the civic-minded legacy of the Foundation’s namesake, Jackie Robinson.
The deadline to submit the application for a Jackie Robinson Foundation Scholarship is February 1, 2018 by 5:00 pm ET.
2018 Application Process Timeline
* February 1, 2018 JRF Scholarship Application due
* April 30, 2018 Notification of Application Status
* June 15, 2018 Final selections announced
To be eligible for a Jackie Robinson Foundation Scholarship, an applicant must:
* Be a graduating, minority high school senior
* Plan to attend an accredited and approved four-year institution within the United States
* Show leadership potential
* Demonstrate a dedication to community service
* Present evidence of financial need
* Be a United States citizen
* Have a minimum SAT score of 1,000 combined on the math and critical reading sections or a composite ACT score of 21
* Not possess a degree from a 2 or 4-year college when applying for the scholarship
The Red Boucher Scholarship is now open! Do you have any seniors who are passionate about technology and planning on entering a technology-related field next fall? Have them apply for the Red Boucher Scholarship at The Alaska Community Foundation!
More eligibility information available here: Red Boucher Scholarship at The Alaska Community Foundation
The Red Boucher Scholarship honors the H.A. “Red” Boucher and supports Alaskans pursuing careers in technology education. Applications are due 1/29/2016.
Most of our scholarships start running February 1 and March 1 of each year. Check back to our main website https://alaskacf.org/scholarships/ and make sure you’re following our Facebook for up-to-date information on scholarships offered.
Within the last year, The Alaska Community Foundation awarded scholarships to 57 students from across the state, with awards ranging from $500 to $37,500. See a list of awardees here:
Zephan has organized a toy drive for foster children. The tree in the front office has tags to attach to unwrapped, new gifts for children who may not receive many or any gifts otherwise. Suggestions are listed for gifts on the tags if you wonder what kids would want. Registration day would a great time to donate gifts for this cause.
Thanks from Becky for Zephan