ConocoPhillips Alaska is offering a couple high school internships for eligible Anchorage students who are Juniors or Seniors Please see below for more information. If you have any students who are interested, please have them log onto our website to apply. http://careers.conocophillips.com/job-search-results/?location=AK%2C%20Anchorage The deadline to apply is September 24, 2018.
ConocoPhillips Alaska is seeking two high school students to participate in their High School Program. The objective of the program is to provide eligible high school students exposure to the corporate work environment and the oil and gas industry while performing administrative support duties. Responsibilities may include:
* Data entry and spreadsheet creation
* Copying, filing and shredding confidential documents
* Monitoring office supply inventory and ordering items as needed
* Assisting with ConocoPhillips special events as needed * Distributing mail
* Assisting with presentations and special projects
Assignments will be located in Anchorage, Alaska. Typical lengths of program will run through the school year. The successful candidates will work 2 to 4 hours per day, Monday through Friday with the possible option of working 8 hours per day during the summer months based on work group needs and availability.
* Legally authorized to work in the United States
* Current level in an Anchorage, AK area high school: Junior or Senior
* Willing and able to work a minimum of 2 hours per day, Monday – Friday
* Proficient with Microsoft Office software
* A minimum GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale Preferred:
* Excellent organizational skills and the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
* Ability to deliver results through realistic planning to accomplish goals
* Demonstrates taking ownership of actions and follows through on commitments
* Ability to invite dialogue to gain a shared understanding
To be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions, attaching your resume with transcripts, and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of September 24, 2018.
If you are going to Japan for the spring intensive or want to go, the time has come to apply for scholarships from Steller. The trip has enough students to go, but we’re willing to provide this opportunity for a few more. The scholarship forms and Japan information are in the front office or in Becky’s room. Ask Becky or Bob for more information.
See Flyer for Montana State University MSU
The Steller Parent Group held a regular meeting on Tuesday, September 11 at 6:00 PM. The meeting minutes have been prepared and posted. Click here to download the draft minutes.
School Pictures on September 18.
Back-To-School Night on September 20 at 6:00 pm.
Homecoming Dance on September 28 at 7:00 pm.
School Picture Retakes on October 2.
Parent Group Meeting on October 9 at 6:00 pm.
Professional Development Day – NO SCHOOL on October 19.
Student Led Conferences on October 24-25.
PSAT Testing on October 24 at 8:30 am.
Halloween Dance on October 25 at 7:00 pm.
Professional Development Day – NO SCHOOL on October 26.
Auction on November 3 at TBD. (TENTATIVE)
Notice posted by: Angie Southwould, Parent Group Secretary
Having a student at Steller is a privilege which requires your participation. One GREAT way to engage is by coming to the Parent Group meetings; held on the 2nd Tuesday of each month (except December & March).
The first meeting of the 2018/2019 school year is tonight, September 11 at 6PM. We will meet at Steller in Ken’s room.
We hope to see you there!
Did you know… Steller parents are responsible for publishing the Daily News you get every morning?