It’s almost Black Friday – one of the busiest shopping days of the year. When you shop on Amazon, start your shopping at smile.amazon.com. Your qualifying purchases will benefit Steller!
IT’S JUST 3 DAYS TILL THE STELLER SECONDARY ANNUAL AUCTION! (Saturday) The Steller Parent Group is sponsoring this event. Money collected will go to help with Travel Scholarships and Intensive Fee Waivers, Souper Steller (lunch provided to all students and staff on selected Fridays), Passage Projects, Community Services Outreach Projects etc.
Come and help raise funds for these great Steller causes! Enjoy time with friends, bid on some wonderful items, and enjoy a variety of food and non-alcoholic beverages.
Saturday November 17, 2018
5:30pm – 10:00pm
Save time in line by pre-registering and buying event tickets ahead of time at www.auctria.com/auction/steller
*note we had a website error that prevented new registrations, that has been fixed and is open again.
We are still in need of items for the auction! If you have items to donate you can donate items directly on our website above, or complete this form and then bring your items to the Steller office by Friday morning.
We hope to see you there!
Mark your calendar: November 17th from 5:30pm – 10:00pm
AUCTION WEBSITE <–click here!
The Steller Auction is just one month away, and this year is going to be fantastic! We just launched a new website and are sure you will love it. On the website, you can…
- Pre-register and pre-purchase tickets for the event
- View auction items as they come in
- Pre-bid on silent auctions starting now.
- Check your bids and view your statements
- Enter donation items of your own
Definitely pre-register, this is going to save everyone time at the event. And this year, for the first time, you can pre-bid on silent auction items online, it will be a lot of fun. Also, to submit a donation for the auction, simply go to the new website and register, then choose DONATE ITEMS from the menu, fill out the online form and bring your donation item into the front office. No time to enter it online, don’t worry, the auction team will do it for you. Print out the attached donation form and bring it in to the office with your auction item. We are looking forward to a great auction event!
Have questions for the auction team? email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pizza $2.00 per slice TODAY
The Op Group has arranged for pizza to be sold at lunch as a fundraiser.
Please bring cash for payment and help your fellow students!!
Where: Steller Secondary School
Why: The Parent Group Auction pays for things like… travel, intensive fees, Souper Steller, classroom supplies, community events, grants for BIG ideas, field trips and so much more! The upcoming November 4th auction is the one event each year where we are able to generate the necessary funds to ensure every student has great opportunities here at Steller. Can’t make it? Please consider donating from the homepage of the www.stellerschool712.org website. THANK YOU!
If you have questions or would like to help to make this year a great success,
please call or text Karen Gillis (907 887-1148)
The upcoming November 4th auction is the one event each year where we are able to generate the necessary funds to ensure every student has great opportunities here at Steller. Please donate what you can as soon as you can in order to make this a truly successful year! …read more October Parent Group Newsletter.pdf
Steller’s swim intensive has a team for the Polar Plunge that can be located on the Polar Plunge Special Olympics website, Freezing for a Reason. Swim intensive members chose the team name, Steller Sea Lions. I, Becky Gerik, am the captain. Look us up if you want to join the team or donate to a student. The penny drive has raised over $100 dollars for this cause. That seed money will be used for a breakfast during intensives for $4 a plate to feed students and staff and raise money to sponsor several of our kids. Exciting times ahead!
Three Steller students are involved in the Pupil+Paper Design Contest taking place on Saturday, November 9th at the Anchorage Museum Rasmuson Center. It is an exciting, family friendly phenomenon! Happening at this event:
- ASD student artists (individuals or teams) are competing for 3 scholarships ranging from $2000 – $4000 by creating sculptural garments from recycled materials. (I’ve seen photos of the progress; they are amazing!) YOU get to vote for the people’s choice, and combined with 4 other judges (including our very own Frank Hauser), the winners will be announced.
- Silent Auction of Luxe lunch boxes enhanced and decorated by well-known Anchorage artists and educators such as Margret Hugi-lewis, Alvin Amason, Sonya Keliher-Combs and Steller Art teacher Chris Selin.
- Silent Auction featuring items donated by local businesses, including Her Tern Boutique<https://www.facebook.com/HerTern?directed_target_id=0>, Skinny Raven Sports<https://www.facebook.com/pages/Skinny-Raven-Sports/142758269120769?directed_target_id=0>, Artique Ltd.<https://www.facebook.com/ArtiqueLtd?directed_target_id=0>, and more!
- Food is provided by Muse/Marx Bros
- Soda Jerkshttp://www.aksodajerk.com
- Music by DJ Spencer Lee http://djspencerlee.com
- Temporary tattoo parlor
- Funk fashion photo booth
For more info: https://www.facebook.com/events/164742707066233/ or go on your own account and look up Pupil+Paper Facebook.
Support the Steller students and your community as you enjoy a great evening event! This fundraiser is for THE CHILDREN LUNCHBOX (an affiliate of Bean’s Café). Tickets are $40 for adults and $15 for students. Tickets can be purchased through brown paper tickets website, search for Pupil + Paper or browse Anchorage listings at: http://www.brownpapertickets.com/
Sponsored by kpb architects and many others.