Three Steller students are involved in the Pupil+Paper Design Contest taking place on Saturday, November 9th at the Anchorage Museum Rasmuson Center. It is an exciting, family friendly phenomenon! Happening at this event:
- ASD student artists (individuals or teams) are competing for 3 scholarships ranging from $2000 – $4000 by creating sculptural garments from recycled materials. (I’ve seen photos of the progress; they are amazing!) YOU get to vote for the people’s choice, and combined with 4 other judges (including our very own Frank Hauser), the winners will be announced.
- Silent Auction of Luxe lunch boxes enhanced and decorated by well-known Anchorage artists and educators such as Margret Hugi-lewis, Alvin Amason, Sonya Keliher-Combs and Steller Art teacher Chris Selin.
- Silent Auction featuring items donated by local businesses, including Her Tern Boutique<https://www.facebook.com/HerTern?directed_target_id=0>, Skinny Raven Sports<https://www.facebook.com/pages/Skinny-Raven-Sports/142758269120769?directed_target_id=0>, Artique Ltd.<https://www.facebook.com/ArtiqueLtd?directed_target_id=0>, and more!
- Food is provided by Muse/Marx Bros
- Soda Jerkshttp://www.aksodajerk.com
- Music by DJ Spencer Lee http://djspencerlee.com
- Temporary tattoo parlor
- Funk fashion photo booth
For more info: https://www.facebook.com/events/164742707066233/ or go on your own account and look up Pupil+Paper Facebook.
Support the Steller students and your community as you enjoy a great evening event! This fundraiser is for THE CHILDREN LUNCHBOX (an affiliate of Bean’s Café). Tickets are $40 for adults and $15 for students. Tickets can be purchased through brown paper tickets website, search for Pupil + Paper or browse Anchorage listings at: http://www.brownpapertickets.com/
Sponsored by kpb architects and many others.