August 1-4, 2021
55 emerging leaders, ages 16-25, will convene in Fairbanks for the 2021 Conference of Young Alaskans.
Will you be one of them?
Applications are due at 11:59 on May 10th
See here for more information and how to apply.
Steller Wear shirts are now ready to be ordered!
For those of you eager to get your Steller Wear, the deadline for a Spring order is April 30th and orders will need to be picked up from Dooley’s Athletic in Anchorage. You will receive an email when they are ready.
For those of you that want to wait, there will also be a fall order put together that will be brought to the school. The deadline for that order will be sometime in September and more information will come out at the beginning of school.
To place an order, go to: https://stellerschoolstore.itemorder.com/sale and make your purchase directly through the website.
There are lots of different styles and colors to choose from but here are a few examples:
Good afternoon! Thank you for having us at the school today. It was so great to see all of the kids and staff members.
Below is the link parents can visit to view and purchase school pictures from today. The 7 Digit ASD student ID number will need to be entered in order to access the photos. If anyone missed pictures or would like a retake please have them contact Fitzgerald Photography directly to set up an appointment.
Online order link: https://www.photoreflect.com/
Questions? Contact Fitzgerald Photography at:
The first Grade 7 Social Club Zoom Party was a great success! Thank you to everyone who joined – I hope you had a good time. We are going to host a second party on Friday, April 23 at 3pm. We would love to get as many grade 7 students as possible and have even more fun.
The goal of the Social Club is to provide an opportunity for grade seven students to get to know each other and have some fun. Everyone in grade seven is invited to participate, but it is not mandatory.
How it works:
- We will post a new Creative Challenge and a Discussion Prompt every Monday on a platform called Padlet.
- You can post as much as you want, and respond to your friends, whenever you want. Padlet lets you post comments, photos, video and even links. The Challenges and Prompts are meant to be a bit silly, so get creative and have fun!
- We will also host Live Zoom sessions where we will play some games, have some breakout rooms, and get to know each other.
Participating is easy:
- Complete the Registration Form Here (both student and guardian).
- When you receive an email from Padlet scroll down and click on “Take Me to Padlet”. You don’t have to create an account!
- Pick up a Steller Jay Mascot at the school office. We will use our Mascots in many of our Creative Challenges so please take care of it. If you can’t pick up your Mascot please contact me at the email below to make arrangements.
- Students can join any time.
- Steller Parent Group will be moderating posts.
- If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to reach out to me.
Chair, Steller Parent Group
Thank you to everyone who joined us Monday night for the Steller Reflection Committee Discussion. One thing that came through very clearly is how much we love our school and are willing to work to help it become even better.
On Monday, April 19 from 6:30 to 7:30 we will meet again next week to talk about:
What we can do to help “onboard” new students into the Steller way, and help students and their families feel part of the community (with a particular focus on grade 7, 8 and 9).
Identify topics of interest we want to take up in the fall.
If you have ideas and questions you would like our community to consider taking up next year to help Steller grow and become even better, or you just want to be part of the discussion, join us on Monday and help us brainstorm. Students and their families from all grades, and who are new, or have been here forever, are encouraged to join.
Topic: Steller Reflection Committee
Time: Monday, April 19, 6:30 pm
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 973 9149 6736
One tap mobile +16699009128
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/ad29bE9kHX
As you know, after many years of service our principal Reed will be retiring at the end of this school year. ASD is currently in the process of hiring someone to join our school. Because of the unique nature of Steller, students and parents are being given a voice in this process.
The final principal candidates will answer the same six questions during a candidate webinar on Monday, April 26 from 6 to 7pm. All community members are invited to listen to the webinar and then provide feedback.
This is your opportunity to find out more about each candidate’s leadership style, and their perspective on the unique community that is Steller. It would be really great if we had a strong turn out of students, staff and parents/guardians for this important event.
Tami will send out the link to the event closer to the date, but be sure to mark your calendars!
Hello Steller families,
The Steller National Honor Society will be hosting a food drive from 4/19-5/7 2021.
It is a competitive event. Students attending in person school will drop food off in their first hour/ first class of the day at Steller. For students attending virtually there will be drop off days on Wednesday afternoons!
This will be on a point system. You can download a PDF of the preferred foods here. We choose a point system to promote donations of items the food-bank is in great need of right now. This point system is not to discourage families from donating whatever they can. All items donated will be worth some points.
Thanks for supporting the Steller NHS and the Anchorage Food Bank.
Alana P NHS President
As you know, after many years of service our principal Reed will be retiring at the end of this school year. ASD is currently in the process of hiring someone to join our school. Because of the unique nature of Steller students and parents are being given a voice in this process.
1. The district also sent out a letter with a link to a survey about principal characteristics. This survey is now closed. Steller_Community_Letter
2. Each group of our Steller Community (students, staff, parents/guardians) are being given the opportunity to develop two questions to ask each candidate.
This form is being used to generate possible questions from the parent/guardian body.
It will close on Wednesday, April 14th at noon.
Then the principal selection committee of student, teacher and parent/guardian representatives will meet to choose the final six questions to give to candidates.
This is your opportunity to find out more about more about each candidate’s leadership style, and their perspective on the unique community that is Steller.
3. The final principal candidates will answer the same six questions during a candidate webinar on Monday, April 26 from 6 to 7pm. All community members are invited to listen to the webinar.
4. All community members will be invited to fill out a follow up survey to provide their input regarding the candidates.