Steller Parent Group has coordinated a digital Retirement card for Reed with the online tool called Kudoboard. Using the link below, we invite members of the Steller community to post messages of well wishes that display our thanks and gratitude for his years of service to our school. Please share this link widely with anyone you think would like to recognize Reed for the wonderful work he has done to support students, staff and parents.
Click this link to sign the Well Wishes Card for Reed.
Hello Steller Families and Staff,
Steller Parent Group has coordinated a digital Get Well Soon card for Svetlana with the online tool called Kudoboard. Using the link below, we invite members of the Steller community to post messages of well wishes that display our encouragement and support. Thank you for caring and for helping to cheer Svetlana up during this period of convalescence.
Click this link to sign the Get Well Soon card for Svetlana: https://www.kudoboard.com/boards/oqpofkAJ.
Five high school students and four middle school students entered solo/ensemble adjudications. The results are utterly amazing:
- Arnan Anthony, trumpet – excellent
- Johnathen Jencks, tuba – superior
- Xavier Libbrecht, bassoon – superior
- Griffin Lindsday, French horn – superior
- Bjorn Van der Goore, bass clarinet – superior
- Shepherd Brown, alto saxophone, superior
- Zane Hopewell, baritone – superior
- Marley McDonagh, flute – superior
- Riley Strodtbeck, clarinet – excellent
The high school students who earned the superior ratings will advance to the ASAA State Solo/Ensemble Festival. It will be virtual.
This school year has been challenging for band, but I am so proud of these students who spent extra time preparing,” said Mr. Toba, the band director. “I would like to congratulate all of the students for their accomplishment. I wish the best of luck for state for state-bound students as well.
Dear Parents and Guardians,
End of the year conferences will take place on May 19 and May 20. These are student led conferences that include the student, parent/guardian(s), and the advisor. The focus for your end of the year conference will be to review this year, set goals for next year, review credit count sheets and progress towards graduation, and address any concerns that students and/or parents might have.
Our goal is to have 100% attendance so all Steller students have the opportunity to show off their strengths and talk about areas they need to improve.
Go to: https://apps.asdk12.org/ConferenceScheduling/StudentScheduleStartExt.aspx
Choose Steller as the school
Choose mix grade
For Team Name, choose your student’s ADVISER
Choose the date you wish to come in
Choose your time and continue through the process. You can sign up to receive a reminder email.
If you need to cancel your appointment time, you will have to email your adviser. Thank you and see you soon!
YEARBOOKS are here!!
If you pre-ordered a yearbook they will be available for pick-up next Wednesday, May 5th from 10:00am -3:00pm.
If you did not order a yearbook and would like one, we have very few to sell. It is a first come-first serve basis and will not be able to hold any for future purchase or pick-up.
Thank you and Have a Great Day!
Welcome Social and Q & A for Incoming Students: Monday, May 10 – 6:00pm to 7:00pm
Steller Parent Group will host an online welcome event for incoming students:
Q & A for new students with current students
What to expect the first week of school
About Steller Parent Group
Meeting ID: 973 9149 6736
The Steller community has done a steller job collecting food. As a school we have collect about four big tubs of food ( for reference these tubs are about the size of a large trash can). Listed down below are the updated numbers of points by 1st hour class as of 4/28/21.
- Troy: 6350
- Rosa & Ashley: 1750
- Ken: 0
- Simone: 5,916
- Leigh Anne: 5,350
- Marla: 8,900
- Bob: 400
- Jason: 0
- Brian: 62,250
- Becky: 22,750
- Mike: 0
- Philip: 18,350
As of 4/28/21 Brians first hour class is taking the lead. There is still plenty of time to catch up. We will continue collecting food till 5/7/21.
The Grade Seven Social Club and Steller Parent Group is pleased to invite all Steller students, staff and families to the Steller Super Sweeper Clean Up Event!
Saturday, May 8 from 11:00am to 2:00pm at Steller School and surrounding area.
The Citywide Cleanup “Super Sweeper” Program is a great way to teach kids the importance of keeping our community clean, and it’s also a lot of fun. Jointly coordinated by the Anchorage School District and the Anchorage Chamber of Commerce, the Super Sweeper Program challenges elementary, middle, and high schools to get together to clean trash around their school and in their neighbourhood.
- Pick up your orange bags and map at Steller Secondary parking lot.
- Win door prizes – a $50.00 gift certificate to Fred Meyer, and Steller Spirit Wear.
- Light refreshments will be served (while supplies last).
- Register here. It helps us plan how many people to expect if you register, but please feel free to drop by even if you haven’t registered.
We will be collecting the following to support Covenant House:
- Gently used books, CDs etc to sell to Title Wave for credit.
- NEW travel sized toiletries like shampoo and conditioner, toothbrushes and toothpaste, mouthwash, chapstick and deodorant.
Super Sweeper Family Event Flyer
National Honor Society Will be Selling Masks to support Bean’s Cafe.
Important Rules to Follow: Be Safe!
SPG will supply orange trash-bags, an area map, and juice boxes and cookies.
- Wear a mask and practice social distancing to keep everyone safe.
- Wear gloves (we will have a limited amount) and an orange safety vest or bright coloured clothing.
- Children must be under adult supervision at all times, everyone should use a buddy system.
- Make good decisions to keep yourself safe. Be aware of the following risks:
- The area may have needles, and other biohazards* (only adults should consider picking these up).
- Sharp objects like glass and wire.
- Steller is surrounded by busy streets, cross safely.
- Keep in mind other risks associated with the midtown location.
- Orange trash bags may not be used for household trash, yard clippings or hazardous waste such as a car battery, or household cleaners.
- Dress appropriately. Sunscreen, rain gear, waterproof shoes and hats are recommended. Please be aware of private property boundaries and ask permission to clean in these areas.
- Return orange bags back to Steller for pick up after no later than 1:30 pm.
*Adults may consider bringing a medical sharps container designed for needle collection, available at some pharmacies, or thick plastic jugs for detergent, kitty litter or shampoo (water bottles are too thin and can be punctured.)
If you have questions or want to volunteer to help organize please contact Kirsten at firstname.lastname@example.org
The first two Grade 7 Social Club Zoom Party have been a great success! Thank you to everyone who joined – I hope you had a good time. We are going to host a third party on Tuesday, May 4th at 3pm. We would love to get as many grade 7 students as possible and have even more fun.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 973 9149 6736
The goal of the Social Club is to provide an opportunity for grade seven students to get to know each other and have some fun. Everyone in grade seven is invited to participate, but it is not mandatory.
How it works:
- We will post a new Creative Challenge and a Discussion Prompt every Monday on a platform called Padlet.
- You can post as much as you want, and respond to your friends, whenever you want. Padlet lets you post comments, photos, video and even links. The Challenges and Prompts are meant to be a bit silly, so get creative and have fun!
- We will also host Live Zoom sessions where we will play some games, have some breakout rooms, and get to know each other.
Participating is easy:
- Complete the Registration Form Here (both student and guardian).
- When you receive an email from Padlet scroll down and click on “Take Me to Padlet”. You don’t have to create an account!
- Pick up a Steller Jay Mascot at the school office. We will use our Mascots in many of our Creative Challenges so please take care of it. If you can’t pick up your Mascot please contact me at the email below to make arrangements.
- Students can join any time.
- Steller Parent Group will be moderating posts.
- If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to reach out to me.
Chair, Steller Parent Group