Steller Volunteer Opportunities
The Steller Philosophy is built on the idea of having input from the Three Pillars: Students, Staff, and Parents& Guardians. There are many opportunities for community members – including students – to get involved in Steller Parent Group.
The mission of the Steller Parent Group is to promote involvement in school activities, to solicit address, and make recommendations regarding issues and polices facing the Steller Community, and to support fundraising activities and facilitate the disbursement of those funds.
Steller Parent Group meets the second Tuesday of each month from 6:00pm to 7:30pm. Watch for announcements on Steller Flash (email announcements). You can find meeting agendas and minutes on this website.
For more info or to volunteer, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer Form Click here to fill out the required ASD volunteer form. It only takes a moment.
- Join the Fundraising Committee. Be part of the team that plans and executes SPG fundraisers so we can support our Steller students.
- Come to Steller Parent Group’s monthly meetings. As Maria says “ It’s crucial that your voice is heard as we make decisions for the future of Steller.” Agendas include:
- budgeting – vote on how to spend the donated funds
- approving funding requests
- planning events
- reports from the Principle, Staff, and OP Group
- getting to know the inner workings at Steller, as well as each other
- Every second Tuesday of the month, 6-7:30pm
- This year will be a mix of in-person and Zoom meetings
- Join the Finance Committee. Review funding requests and make recommendations
- Join the SPG Board.
- No previous experience with Steller or other school boards necessary
- Always open positions, like Member at Large and Co-officers
- Volunteer for fun events, like:
- Organize the Spring or Fall teacher appreciation luncheon
- Help at All Community Meetings
- Chaperone dances
- Provide website help
- Or let us know your specialty and we’ll match you to a volunteer job
- Sign up for Amazon Smile, Fred Meyer, and Office Depot awards. For easy instructions, click here and scroll to the bottom.
For more info or to help in any of these ways, email email@example.com
Updated November 18, 2022