Steller Parent Group is a charitable organization to which contributions are tax-deductible. In a typical year most money raised through Parent Group goes to four areas:
- SPG Operational expenses
- Steller Parent Group hosted events, activities and projects (Welcome BBQ, Staff Appreciation etc)
- School hosted events, activities and projects (Souper Steller, Ice Cream Social, Steller Olympics etc.)
- Steller Travel Intensives
- Program Support (Band trips, art supplies etc)
- Passages & Special Projects
The budget for the 2021-2022 School Year will be presented at the October 12 meeting and online voting will take place between October 13 and 15. Please see Steller Parent Group Meetings for more information about the Budget.
The last time SPG did an active fundraiser was in January of 2020.
- Based on the Budget passed in the fall of 2020 we spent roughly have of those funds in the 2020/2021 school year.
- We will spend the other half in the 2021/2022 school year.
- We have set some funds aside to cover SPG operational expenses in the fall of 2022.
We appreciate that many families and businesses are facing significant stress this year and have limited our fundraising goals, while trying to support the many important needs our school has – in particular Steller Travel Intensives.
We hope to raise $2500 through passive fundraisers like FredMeyer and Amazon – this is set in the budget passed in October.
Steller Students have joined with Steller Parent Group and together we are planning a few smaller fundraisers throughout the year. Although we haven’t set a goal yet, priority for all funds raised would be first directed towards Travel Intensives, and then used else where as needed.
There are still ways you can support the work Steller Parent Group does:
Use the Donate button located on the HOME PAGE, this is a secure and easy way to donate using a credit card. If you don’t see the Donate button, it may have been pushed down to the bottom of the page, so be sure to scroll all the way down in your browser.
Support Fundraising Events
At this time we are planning:
- Check Writing Campaign in October
- Student Led Quiz Night sometime in January/February.
- Online Auction in March/April IF 3 to 4 adult volunteers step up to take the lead on this project. Students are poised and ready to help, but they will need adult help.
We are looking for other ideas for both community fundraising and passive opportunities, so please share your ideas!
Support Steller While You Shop
Steller Parent Group has teamed up with Fred Meyer, Amazon, and OfficeDepot/OfficeMax for corporate rewards, and your purchases generate corporate donations from these companies to our school. Here is how you connect your shopping to the rewards:
Amazon Smile is a simple and automatic way for you to support Steller Secondary Parent Group every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, youâ€™ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate 0.5% of the purchase price to your favorite charitable organization when you go to smile.amazon.com from the web browser on your computer or mobile device to do your shopping.
3 Easy Steps
1. Bookmark and Shop using this link – https://smile.amazon.com/
2. Sign in to your Amazon account
3. Select a charity by searching for ‘steller parent group’
Support Steller Secondary Parent Group (80690) just by linking your rewards card to our group and do your shopping at Fred Meyer with your Rewards Card. The more supporters who link their card to Steller Secondary Parent Group, the more we earn. Sign up now! The process is very simple.
3 Easy Steps
1. Click to sign in or sign up with a Fred Meyer’s account first
2. Associate your Rewards Card with your account
3. Click here to enroll in Community Rewards and search for ‘Steller’.
Does this program affect my personal rebates or fuel points? No, this is a corporate donation and does not affect your personal rewards.
Issues? contact the FredMeyer community reward team at email@example.com
Simply make a purchase at Office Depot or Office Max online or in-store using our school ID at checkout and Steller will receive 5% back in credits
3 Easy Steps
1. Shop Online – http://www.officedepot.com/
2. At the last checkout page, enter “BTS 70000032” in the Additional Order Information section. Just type it in the comments box.
3. For a more permanent association with Office Depot, create an account, and have customer service associate Steller School with your account. They will ask for State, Zip and School Name. This way you can set it and forget it.
Need help with the process? Let us know how we can help. Email Steller Parent Group Officers
Fundraising Goals for 2021/2022 School Year
We know many of our families are facing significant challenges this year, and we are here to help. If you feel you have the resources we thank you for your generosity towards our goal of $2500 this year. We also plan on hosting a few fundraising community building events this year as well, specifically to support support Travel Intensives.
(updated October 2021 by Kirsten)
Provided by CoolFundraisingIdeas.net