Following our very successful fundraiser this fall Cups for Kids, SPG is planning a community oriented fundraiser for the spring.
Next Fundraising Meeting – January 30th at 6pm via Zoom.
- Bear Tooth Theater “Moviethon” on March 26 (matinee). This will be a collaboration with Bear Tooth where SPG receives a portion of box office sales for a particular movie night.
- We will discuss what movie to watch, fundraising activity like a raffle or silent auction and other logistics.
- Pick Click Give
Parents and guardians, students and staff are all invited to attend this meeting and share their ideas! For questions please contact Karen or Lea at email@example.com
All members of the Steller community are members of Steller Parent Group and are invited to attend our monthly meetings, where we vote on how to spend the money we raise, and discuss other ways we can support the student experience at Steller.
Join us this Tuesday at 6:00 pm and share your voice!
Cups for Kids has raised $14,192.93!
We are at 47% of our annual goal!
If you haven’t had a chance to donate, there’s still time! Click DONATE on the right.
If donating isn’t in your family’s budget this year, here are other ways to support Steller…
- Join the Fundraising Committee. Be part of the team that plans and executes SPG fundraisers so we can support our Steller students.
- Come to Steller Parent Group’s monthly meetings. As Maria says “ It’s crucial that your voice is heard as we make decisions for the future of Steller.” Agendas include:
- budgeting – vote on how to spend the donated funds
- approving funding requests
- planning events
- reports from the Principle, Staff, and OP Group
- getting to know the inner workings at Steller, as well as each other
- Every second Tuesday of the month, 6-7:30pm
- The next meeting is December 13th (via Zoom)
- This year will be a mix of in-person and Zoom meetings
- Join the Finance Committee. Review funding requests and make recommendations.
- Join the SPG Board.
- No previous experience with Steller or other school boards necessary
- Always open positions, like Member at Large and Co-officers
- Volunteer for fun events, like:
- Organize the Spring or Fall teacher appreciation luncheon
- Help at All Community Meetings
- Chaperone dances
- Provide website help
- Or let us know your specialty and we’ll match you to a volunteer job
- Sign up for Amazon Smile, Fred Meyer, and Office Depot awards. For easy instructions, click here and scroll to the bottom.
For more info or to help in any of these ways, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Come one, come all!
Please come to SPG’s monthly meeting
3 pillars of Steller:
- Parents & Guardians
Active participation by all three in the running of the school is at the heart of the Steller Philosophy.
Join us for the November Steller Parent Group meeting, and find out what’s happening at school, share your ideas, and get to know fellow families and staff.
We meet the second Tuesday of the month, and you can find the agenda by the Sunday before the meeting . This month we will be voting on funding requests and discussing our biggest fundraiser of the year (Cups for Kids).
Thank you to all the students and adults that have already signed up to volunteer for specific positions, or to be general helpers.
Click here to volunteer for Cups for Kids!
Steller Band Sends Two Students to All-State
Steller Band students, Sarah Duot-Kelley on flute and Bjorn van der Goore on bass clarinet, have been selected to participate with the 2022 Alaska All-State Band.
Bjorn is a junior and earned a regular chair. This is his 2nd year in a row with All-State Band. Sarah is a senior and this will be her first time.
“I am delighted to see these highly accomplished students go through such a competitive audition process,” said Mr. Toba, band director. “Participation for All-State is the pinnacle for high school musicians in Alaska. I am so proud of our All-Staters.”
The All-State Gala Concert will be held on Saturday, November 19, 2022, at West High School, starting at 6 p.m. Admission will be $10 for adults and $5 for students. The public is invited.
SPG Meeting: Tuesday, November 8th
Come one, come all!
Click here for the Agenda
Thank you to Dee Dee Zobian who has moved from her position as Secretary to be a Co-Chair with Amy Dummann!
This now leaves a vacant position for Secretary! It’s an easy way to join with main time commitment being taking notes during SPG meetings, and attending leadership meetings. Experience with Google Drive is an asset, but we can teach you too!
Thank you to Lea McKenna who has stepped up to lead the Fundraising Committee. She has been joined by XXX to plan our main fundraiser this year – Cups for Kids.
Save the Date for Steller Parent Group meetings!
Students, staff and parents/guardians are welcome to attend out meetings and share their voices! We look forward to seeing you soon.
You can find Agendas and Meeting Notes here.
On behalf of Steller Parent Group and Steller Staff we would like to invite all members of the Steller Community (Students, Parents & Guardians, Staff) to join our first All Community Meeting and Back to School Night of 2022.
We are excited to be bringing back this Steller tradition after the last few years of on-line learning.
Agenda will be as follows:
Welcome and staff introduction.
Welcome and introduction from SPG:
- What does Steller Parent Group do?
- Fundraising needs
- How you can get involved – we are looking for co-chairs for all positions! If you are interested please stop by the lounge and have a chat or contact Amy at email@example.com
Meet each of your student’s teachers in their classroom!
Light refreshments will be served as well.
Save the date:
SPG General Meeting Tuesday, September 13, 2022 6:00 to 7:30
- Principal Report
- Staff Report
- OpGroup Report
- Steller Treasurer Report
- Steller Chair Report
- Volunteer Sign Up
Join us for the first Steller Parent Group meeting of the year, and find out what’s happening at school, share your ideas, and get to know fellow parents & guardians and staff.
We meet the second Tuesday of the month (in person and via Zoom for now), and you can find the agenda by the Sunday before the meeting . This month we will be talking more about fundraising and how students and adults can get involved in the school.
The Three Pillars of the school are by default all members of SPG – Students, Staff, Parents & Guardians, and active participation in the running of the school is at the heart of the Steller Philosophy.
Thank you to all the students and adults that have already signed up to volunteer for specific positions, or to be general helpers. Many hands make light work, and helps develop a sense of community. We will have an updated list of ways to get involved soon. For more information about how you can get involved see here .
August 25, 2022
Dear Steller Families,
Steller Parent Group wants to extend a warm welcome to all new and returning Steller families.
The Steller Parent Group is an integral part of the Steller Community. We meet on the second Tuesday of every month from 6:00pm to 7:30pm in person and on Zoom. Every member of the Steller Community – Staff, Students and Parents/Guardians are automatically part of SPG and welcome to attend, ask questions and share their ideas. We would love to see you at our first meeting on Tuesday, September 13 at 6:00pm. We hope to have both an in person option and Zoom.
Steller Parent Group is one of the three Pillars of our school: Staff – Students – Parents/Guardians. The purpose of the SPG is to enrich the lives of Steller students through the financial support and leadership of active parents and guardians. We strive to promote parent and guardian involvement in school activities. Traditionally we host events during the school year, raise funds to support school initiatives through the Steller Auction, and coordinate volunteers.
All of this takes the hard work and dedication of our community members and we want to invite you to get involved by taking on a formal position in the board, or simply actively attending our meetings. We are currently recruiting for a variety of positions.
Participating in the SPG has many benefits, including the opportunity to make connections with other parents and staff, and the opportunity to effectively make positive change. We all want the very best education and experiences for our children, and when we work together we can make it happen.
If you are interested in learning more about SPG positions please let us know, and as always, we welcome your thoughts and ideas about how Steller Parent Group can serve you.
Communication, Steller Parent Group
Save the Date:
- Meet the Teachers/All Community Meeting – Thursday, September 8, 6:00 to 7:30
- First SPG meeting – Tuesday, September 13, 6:00 to 7:30