Through the years I have really appreciated the individuals in Parent Group that have shown up and made things happen. It is truly a leg of the three-legged stool that Steller is supported. I have always enjoyed coming to the meetings and interacting with this group, and have, many times, learned perspective. Thank you all for being supportive and making my work more enjoyable. It was the pinnacle of my career and I am fortunate to have been a member of this team. Thank you for your time and persistence; all our Steller students are worth it.
Thank you for your dedication and service Reed! We will miss you.
Steller Parent Group
Keep in mind you can donate books, cd’s and dvd’s at Title Wave and donate the credit to Covenant House at any time! If you do, it would be great to let SPG know so we can keep track of the generosity of the Steller Community.
Welcome Social and Q & A for Incoming Students: Monday, May 10 – 6:00pm to 7:00pm
Steller Parent Group will host an online welcome event for incoming students:
Q & A for new students with current students
What to expect the first week of school
About Steller Parent Group
Meeting ID: 973 9149 6736
Super Sweeper 2021
Thank you to everyone who came out today for Steller Super Sweeper Family Event! Our community is cleaner and safer thanks to your efforts – Steller Philosophy in action.
A big shout out to our special volunteer families the Costello’s, and Perez-Verdia’s (sorry I didn’t manage to get any photos of you!). Ken for opening the school for us. And NHS for selling masks.
The Grade Seven Social Club and Steller Parent Group is pleased to invite all Steller students, staff and families to the Steller Super Sweeper Clean Up Event!
Saturday, May 8 from 11:00am to 2:00pm at Steller School and surrounding area.
The Citywide Cleanup “Super Sweeper” Program is a great way to teach kids the importance of keeping our community clean, and it’s also a lot of fun. Jointly coordinated by the Anchorage School District and the Anchorage Chamber of Commerce, the Super Sweeper Program challenges elementary, middle, and high schools to get together to clean trash around their school and in their neighbourhood.
- Pick up your orange bags and map at Steller Secondary parking lot.
- Win door prizes – a $50.00 gift certificate to Fred Meyer, and Steller Spirit Wear.
- Light refreshments will be served (while supplies last).
- Register here. It helps us plan how many people to expect if you register, but please feel free to drop by even if you haven’t registered.
We will be collecting the following to support Covenant House:
- Gently used books, CDs etc to sell to Title Wave for credit.
- NEW travel sized toiletries like shampoo and conditioner, toothbrushes and toothpaste, mouthwash, chapstick and deodorant.
Super Sweeper Family Event Flyer
National Honor Society Will be Selling Masks to support Bean’s Cafe.
Important Rules to Follow: Be Safe!
SPG will supply orange trash-bags, an area map, and juice boxes and cookies.
- Wear a mask and practice social distancing to keep everyone safe.
- Wear gloves (we will have a limited amount) and an orange safety vest or bright coloured clothing.
- Children must be under adult supervision at all times, everyone should use a buddy system.
- Make good decisions to keep yourself safe. Be aware of the following risks:
- The area may have needles, and other biohazards* (only adults should consider picking these up).
- Sharp objects like glass and wire.
- Steller is surrounded by busy streets, cross safely.
- Keep in mind other risks associated with the midtown location.
- Orange trash bags may not be used for household trash, yard clippings or hazardous waste such as a car battery, or household cleaners.
- Dress appropriately. Sunscreen, rain gear, waterproof shoes and hats are recommended. Please be aware of private property boundaries and ask permission to clean in these areas.
- Return orange bags back to Steller for pick up after no later than 1:30 pm.
*Adults may consider bringing a medical sharps container designed for needle collection, available at some pharmacies, or thick plastic jugs for detergent, kitty litter or shampoo (water bottles are too thin and can be punctured.)
If you have questions or want to volunteer to help organize please contact Kirsten at email@example.com
Hello Steller Families and Staff,
Steller Parent Group has coordinated a digital Get Well Soon card for Svetlana with the online tool called Kudoboard. Using the link below, we invite members of the Steller community to post messages of well wishes that display our encouragement and support. Thank you for caring and for helping to cheer Svetlana up during this period of convalescence.
Click this link to sign the Get Well Soon card for Svetlana: https://www.kudoboard.com/boards/oqpofkAJ.