Cups for Kids has raised $14,192.93!
We are at 47% of our annual goal!
If you haven’t had a chance to donate, there’s still time! Click DONATE on the right.
If donating isn’t in your family’s budget this year, here are other ways to support Steller…
- Join the Fundraising Committee. Be part of the team that plans and executes SPG fundraisers so we can support our Steller students.
- Come to Steller Parent Group’s monthly meetings. As Maria says “ It’s crucial that your voice is heard as we make decisions for the future of Steller.” Agendas include:
- budgeting – vote on how to spend the donated funds
- approving funding requests
- planning events
- reports from the Principle, Staff, and OP Group
- getting to know the inner workings at Steller, as well as each other
- Every second Tuesday of the month, 6-7:30pm
- The next meeting is December 13th (via Zoom)
- This year will be a mix of in-person and Zoom meetings
- Join the Finance Committee. Review funding requests and make recommendations.
- Join the SPG Board.
- No previous experience with Steller or other school boards necessary
- Always open positions, like Member at Large and Co-officers
- Volunteer for fun events, like:
- Organize the Spring or Fall teacher appreciation luncheon
- Help at All Community Meetings
- Chaperone dances
- Provide website help
- Or let us know your specialty and we’ll match you to a volunteer job
- Sign up for Amazon Smile, Fred Meyer, and Office Depot awards. For easy instructions, click here and scroll to the bottom.
For more info or to help in any of these ways, email email@example.com
Come one, come all!
Please come to SPG’s monthly meeting
3 pillars of Steller:
- Parents & Guardians
Active participation by all three in the running of the school is at the heart of the Steller Philosophy.
Join us for the November Steller Parent Group meeting, and find out what’s happening at school, share your ideas, and get to know fellow families and staff.
We meet the second Tuesday of the month, and you can find the agenda by the Sunday before the meeting . This month we will be voting on funding requests and discussing our biggest fundraiser of the year (Cups for Kids).
Thank you to all the students and adults that have already signed up to volunteer for specific positions, or to be general helpers.
Click here to volunteer for Cups for Kids!
Steller Band Sends Two Students to All-State
Steller Band students, Sarah Duot-Kelley on flute and Bjorn van der Goore on bass clarinet, have been selected to participate with the 2022 Alaska All-State Band.
Bjorn is a junior and earned a regular chair. This is his 2nd year in a row with All-State Band. Sarah is a senior and this will be her first time.
“I am delighted to see these highly accomplished students go through such a competitive audition process,” said Mr. Toba, band director. “Participation for All-State is the pinnacle for high school musicians in Alaska. I am so proud of our All-Staters.”
The All-State Gala Concert will be held on Saturday, November 19, 2022, at West High School, starting at 6 p.m. Admission will be $10 for adults and $5 for students. The public is invited.
SPG Meeting: Tuesday, November 8th
Come one, come all!
Click here for the Agenda
Thank you to Dee Dee Zobian who has moved from her position as Secretary to be a Co-Chair with Amy Dummann!
This now leaves a vacant position for Secretary! It’s an easy way to join with main time commitment being taking notes during SPG meetings, and attending leadership meetings. Experience with Google Drive is an asset, but we can teach you too!
Thank you to Lea McKenna who has stepped up to lead the Fundraising Committee. She has been joined by XXX to plan our main fundraiser this year – Cups for Kids.
Click here to have your donation over and done! 🙂
Parent volunteers are needed to make this fundraiser a success. Help make coffee, collect donations, and much more. Click here to VOLUNTEER.
SPG is hoping to meet our fundraising goal for 2022-2023 of $30,000. (Currently our draft budget has expenses of $17,000.)
In order to allocate more funding to intensives, additional student programs, and to make travel intensives accessible for all families, regardless of ability to pay, SPG needs more than $17,000 to increase our budget. Help us make these exciting programs a reality!
Thank you, Steller Community, for your continued support of our amazing students!
P.S. don’t forget that many companies match donations. Does yours?
Steller Parent Group is very excited to be planning our first major fundraising event since January of 2020!
We have been operating on funds raised at that event since then, and our account is in need of replenishing! The tentative plan is to host an evening event with drinks and appetizers, and featuring a silent and live auction of items donated from Anchorage businesses and the Steller community.
We need a strong group of dedicated members of our community to help with the following:
- Co-chair or chair (we have one person willing to lead who would like a co-chair)
- Graphics and Communication
- Donation Procurement
- Auction Software Expert
- Basket Creation
- Volunteer Coordinator
If you have experience in any of these, or want to learn, we would love to hear from you! Planning an event like this is lots of hard work, but is also lots of fun, and so rewarding. Email Kirsten at StellerAuctionChair@gmail.com .
Funds raised from the Auction are used by SPG to pay for the following:
- Grants (Intensives, Travel Intensives, Program Support, Student and Staff requests)
- School hosted events (like Aurora music festival and sophomore breakfast)
- SPG hosted events (like Steller BBQ and All Community Meetings)
- SPG operational costs (insurance, website domain etc)
Submitted by Kirsten (Communications)
On behalf of Steller Parent Group and Steller Staff we would like to invite all members of the Steller Community (Students, Parents & Guardians, Staff) to join our first All Community Meeting and Back to School Night of 2022.
We are excited to be bringing back this Steller tradition after the last few years of on-line learning.
Agenda will be as follows:
Welcome and staff introduction.
Welcome and introduction from SPG:
- What does Steller Parent Group do?
- Fundraising needs
- How you can get involved – we are looking for co-chairs for all positions! If you are interested please stop by the lounge and have a chat or contact Amy at firstname.lastname@example.org
Meet each of your student’s teachers in their classroom!
Light refreshments will be served as well.
Save the date:
SPG General Meeting Tuesday, September 13, 2022 6:00 to 7:30
- Principal Report
- Staff Report
- OpGroup Report
- Steller Treasurer Report
- Steller Chair Report
- Volunteer Sign Up
Join us for the first Steller Parent Group meeting of the year, and find out what’s happening at school, share your ideas, and get to know fellow parents & guardians and staff.
We meet the second Tuesday of the month (in person and via Zoom for now), and you can find the agenda by the Sunday before the meeting . This month we will be talking more about fundraising and how students and adults can get involved in the school.
The Three Pillars of the school are by default all members of SPG – Students, Staff, Parents & Guardians, and active participation in the running of the school is at the heart of the Steller Philosophy.
Thank you to all the students and adults that have already signed up to volunteer for specific positions, or to be general helpers. Many hands make light work, and helps develop a sense of community. We will have an updated list of ways to get involved soon. For more information about how you can get involved see here .