Major changes are coming to ASD and Steller in the 2024 school year:
- All ASD high schools are going to become Academies starting with the 2024 Freshman year.
- All grade 6 students will be moved to middle school.
- New schedule changes will be implemented.
These changes have a direct impact on Steller’s future, and our community is being given an opportunity to make a recommendation to the board about what Steller wants to do.
In November we will be asked if we want to:
- Become a 6 to 12 school.
- Become a 9 to 12 school.
- Stay 7 to 12 school.
- Join the ASD Academy or if we want to do something different.
It is important to be informed about these issues in order to make the best recommendations we can, in the interest of our current and future students.
- Listen to the presentation from September 21st (see above). View the accompanying slide show.
- Visit the ASD website:
- Ask your questions to Maria using this form.
- Follow the Steller Website for updates.
How you can have your voice heard:
- Listen to the answers to community questions
- Steller Parent Group Meeting on Tuesday, October 10.
- Share questions, comments, concerns at the SPG parent forum:
- Monday October 16, 7:00 to 8:30 pm via Zoom OR
- Thursday October 19, 6:00 to 7:30 pm at school.
- Make our final recommendation
- All Community Forum on November 2nd (we need a quorum of 75 people)