GivingTuesday was created in 2012 as a simple idea: a day that encourages people to do good. Over the past nine years, this idea has grown into a global movement that inspires hundreds of millions of people to give, collaborate, and celebrate generosity.
Steller Parent Group is promoting the idea of GivingTuesday as an opportunity for students, staff and families to stand together in unity with people around the world to use their individual and collective power of generosity to remain connected and make a positive difference.
We know the people that form the Steller community are already active in our community – volunteering time and talents, fundraising and donating to causes that are close to our hearts, and stepping in wherever there is need.
Whether it’s helping a family or your neighbor, advocating for an issue, sharing a skill, working on a committee, volunteering your time, or giving to causes, every act of generosity counts.
Let’s celebrate the contributions we all make – big and small – and accept the challenge to show our generosity in a variety of ways during the GivingTuesday campaign from November 11 to December 1!
Send your #StellerGives photos to firstname.lastname@example.org with your first and last name, grade and a short description of what you are doing or the charity/cause you support to be posted on the Steller Instagram account @steller_s_official and this year’s yearbook.
Then follow @steller_s_official to see how others in our community are contributing!
Steller Parent Group
Thank you to everyone who joined us for our meeting last night. Here is a quick summary of what we covered:
- Steller Budget for 2020-2021 has been approved.
- Staff appreciation gifts are at school and ready for pick up.
- SPG website is being updated to complement the main district website.
- Creating a NEW Steller Flash Subscription list. You must resubscribe to receive updates.
- Steller Directory has been created.
- To register go to steller.ptboard.com
- Look for access code in an email from Tami
- Requests for funding approved:
- Up to $640 for 4 touchless handsaniser pumps (when we return to in person school)
- Up to $1600 to purchases snacks for students (when we return to in person school)
- Launch of #StellerGives campaign from November 11 to December 1.
- Tuesday, December 8 6:00 pm
- Tuesday January 12 6:00 pm
- Tuesday February 9 6:00 pm
We are pleased to launch a new updated website by and for Steller families. The intent of this site is to complement the District website.
Visitors to our site will be able to find information for prospective students and what makes Steller special.
The blog feed is where you can find up to date information relevant to our community:
- Updates on Steller Parent Group Activities
- OpGroup Advisory information
- Important dates to remember
- School announcements
- Information relevant to the Steller community like external events and activities, or performances.
- We are especially happy to celebrate student accomplishments!
Don’t miss out on this important information! Sign up the the NEW Steller Flash Subscription list and get new posts sent right to your email!
Under the PARENTS menu you will find:
- FAQ about Steller Parent Group
- SPG Meeting Dates, Agendas and Minutes
- Volunteer opportunities and Sign Up Genius
- Documents for Requests for Funding
In the RIGHT SIDEBAR your will find:
- A NEW Subscribe button to receive Steller Flash Updates right to your inbox (anything that gets posted here). We are creating a NEW list, so please make sure you visit the site and subscribe, even if you have in the past.
- A link to send requests to post in Steller Flash
- A PayPal button to donate to Steller Parent Group
- The OpGroup Instagram feed
Under the STUDENT SHOWCASE menu your will find:
- Student work submitted by Steller staff and students themselves.
- We are looking forward to posting art, videos, music, poetry, photography, and so much more. Please send your submission via the Flash link on the right sidebar.
On Friday November 13 we will be launching our Steller Online Student Directory at steller.ptboard.com. The directory will be accessible from the Steller Parent Group Website or directly from steller.ptboard.org and is available to all students attending Steller Secondary.
Adding your students to the directory is easy. Please also make sure your student has their grade and advisory included so people can search you more easily. We hope this will help students and families keep in contact with each other, especially during this time of social distancing and online learning.
Here is how to add yourself to the Directory:
- Go to steller.ptboard.com
- Create an account using the access code CGYJAU
- Log in and add information for each student that attends Steller
- Make sure you check “include in directory” box
- SPG will confirm your data and approve your entry
- Download the ptboard app
You can update your information anytime by logging in. Please remove yourself if you leave the school. Students will be rolled over to the next grade in May of each year.
*Once you enter your information it will be visible to anyone with access to the directory. We cannot guarantee this will only be members of the school community.
*Steller Directory is solely for the personal use of students and their families – don’t share the code! The website and directory are not to be used in order to advertise goods, services or events unless approved by SPG. This includes generating customer mailing or email lists.
We are so excited to be able to offer this Student Directory to Steller families and look forward to it launching next week!
All parents/guardians, students and staff are automatically a part of the Steller Parent Group. The mission of SPG is to promote parent and guardian involvement in school activities, to solicit, address, and make recommendations regarding issues and policy facing the Steller Community, to support fundraising activities and to facilitate the disbursement of funds.
Even though we aren’t in school in person there is still lots of activity at Steller. Join us Tuesday, November 10 at 6:00 pm to hear reports from Reed, Staff and OpGroup.
Steller Parent Group has been busy too and have lots to share about:
- Approval of 2020-2021 Budget
- The launch of the updated SPG Website
- NEW Steller Flash subscription list
- New Student Directory
- Two fundraising requests to be voted on:
- Touchless hand sanitiser pumps ($320)
- Student snack program for 3rd quarter ($1600)
- Giving Tuesday Fundraising Campaign
Look for the Zoom link from Tami or email email@example.com
Kirsten Tschofen (Chair)
Photos needed for the yearbook right now:
- You wearing a mask while social distancing for the Intro Page.
- You posing with your favorite stuffed animal for the Best Friends page.
- You and your Steller Siblings.
- You giving back to the Anchorage community with a short description.
- You and your pets!
If you have photos for anything that will fill these spots in the yearbook feel free to send them to firstname.lastname@example.org your first and last name, and your grade. These photos may also be shared on the Steller Instagram account @steller_s_official unless you specifically say not to.
Thanks for the participation Steller!
Sincerely, Alana Parent, Yearbook director
All parents and guardians, students, and staff are automatically part of the Steller Parent Group.
Find out what is happening, have your say on how money is spent, and see how you can help by joining us this Tuesday. If you would like the link to the Zoom meeting please email email@example.com.
October 2020 Steller Parent Group Meeting Minutes (Meeting minutes are also archived on the website under the Parents tab).
Hello Steller Students, Parents and Staff,
Since we are postponing in-person pictures until we return to the building, Steller school has agreed to partner with our picture companies and help them advertise opportunities for families who may want to schedule individual picture appointments so they have school photos to share with family and friends over the holidays.
We are forwarding you this flyer from Fitzgerald photography.
Have a Great Weekend!