Steller would like to celebrate our students who have been selected to participate in the Anchorage School District’s Youth Art Month show. The following Artists and their pieces were selected to represent Steller:
This year because of the Covid 19 pandemic we are unable to display physical works in person, but we have created an online digital show through a partnership with the Anchorage Museum. The show will go live on March 5th for First Friday. The show link is not active yet, but it will be available March 5th at https://www.
The Fine Arts Department will be hosting Youth Art Month Drive-In events throughout the month of March to celebrate and showcase students’ artwork.
The drive-in events will begin around sunset. The slideshow is approximately 1.5 hours. The slideshow will start with elementary, alphabetically by school with secondary following. The following rules are in place during the event:
- Please remain in your car throughout the slideshow
- Masks are required by all participants in the car if windows are open
- There are no bathrooms at the event, please plan accordingly
- Please follow guidance from the traffic directors
Thank you in all your support and enthusiasm for the visual arts. We hope to see you at one of our drive-in events.
This year Anchorage School District is celebrating our 49th annual Youth Art Month show. Youth Art Month exists to:
- Recognize art education as a viable factor in the total education curriculum that develops citizens of a global society.
- Recognize art is a necessity for the full development of better quality of life for all.
- Direct attention to the value of art education for divergent and critical thinking.
- Expand art programs in schools and stimulate new art programs.
- Encourage commitment to the arts by students, community organizations, and individuals everywhere.
- Provide additional opportunities for individuals of all ages to participate in creative art learning.
- Increase community, business, and governmental support for art education.
- Increase community understanding and interest in art and art education through involvement in art exhibits, workshops, and other creative ventures.
- Reflect and demonstrate the goals of the National Art Education Association that work toward the improvement of art education at all levels.
Submitted by Philip
Fine Arts Teacher