Hello Steller parents/guardians, students and staff. Welcome to the updated website run by Steller Parent Group.
The purpose of this website is to provide information to prospective students about Steller, highlight student achievements, and provide up to date information about SPG activities, OpGroup advisory information, school events, and other relevant information as submitted by community members. Our goal is to have at least one member of every family, and every staff member, subscribed so that no one misses out on important information.
Please note the SPG Website/Flash is meant to complement the district website asdk12.org/steller and emails sent directly from the office. For official communication from the school and district please visit Q to update your contact information and settings to receive their communications via email, text or call.
Here is a quick tour of what you can find on the SPG website:
- Parents: Everything you need to know about Steller Parent Group – Welcome from the Chair, FAQ, Meeting Agendas and Minutes, Volunteer Sign Up, and how to make a request for funding.
- Student Showcase: We will highlight student work and accomplishments here. We welcome submissions from teachers, parents/guardians and students themselves for accomplishments both in and out of school.
- Sign up for the NEW Steller Flash to receive updates right to your inbox.
- Submit article: we welcome article submissions from anyone in the community.
- Donate directly Steller Parent Group to support Steller students. Find out more about how money is used under the “Support Steller” tab.
- Steller Flash can be found here – this is what you will receive in your inbox when you subscribe to Steller Flash. Our goal is to send updates on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- You can also follow the OpGroup Instagram Account directly from this website.
If this is your first time receiving a Flash update we encourage you to visit the site, and spend some time reading previous posts so that you are current about what is happening around school.
If you are new to Steller you might find the information under “Prospective Students” interesting background about the school’s history and philosophy.
If you have subscribed to the NEW Steller Flash in the last three weeks, but haven’t received this “Welcome to the NEW Steller Flash” in your inbox your email client may be filtering or blocking our emails. Email clients like Gmail, Outlook and Yahoo filter incoming messages into spam or junk folders to keep unwanted mail out of inboxes. Unfortunately, these filters sometimes mistakenly move legitimate messages like the NEW Steller Flash into the wrong folder, which means subscribers sometimes miss out on important information. This article from Mailchimp has good suggestions on how to fix this problem depending on what client you use.
Steller Parent Group Chair