Update from Steller Parent Group
Dear Steller Community,
Thank you to everyone who has subscribed to the NEW Steller Flash list. We already have 104 subscriptions! Our goal is to have at least one member of every family, and every staff member, subscribed so that no one misses out on important information. If you haven’t already, please visit the website and enter your email address in the Subscribe box (at the bottom of the page on your phone, or to the right on a computer). We will discontinue the old list on Wednesday, November 25.
To learn more about how Steller Parent Group communicates with you please visit here.
Student Directory is a new online directory for parents, students and staff to be able to contact each other directly. You must create an account and add your information using the access code CGYJAU when prompted. Add the information for each student and then download the app to be able to access contact information from anywhere.
The next Steller Parent Group Meeting is on Tuesday, December 8 6:00 to 7:30 via Zoom. All parents/guardians, staff and students are automatically part of SPG and we welcome your participation. If you would like the link please email firstname.lastname@example.org. For Meeting Minutes and Agendas please visit here.
As always, we are happy to hear from you at email@example.com
*Please note the SPG website/Flash is meant to complement the district website asdk12.org/steller. For official communication from the school and district please visit Q to update your contact information and settings to receive their communications via email, text or call.
Thank you to everyone who joined us for our meeting last night. Here is a quick summary of what we covered:
- Steller Budget for 2020-2021 has been approved.
- Staff appreciation gifts are at school and ready for pick up.
- SPG website is being updated to complement the main district website.
- Creating a NEW Steller Flash Subscription list. You must resubscribe to receive updates.
- Steller Directory has been created.
- Requests for funding approved:
- Up to $640 for 4 touchless handsaniser pumps (when we return to in person school)
- Up to $1600 to purchases snacks for students (when we return to in person school)
- Launch of #StellerGives campaign from November 11 to December 1.
- Tuesday, December 8 6:00 pm
- Tuesday January 12 6:00 pm
- Tuesday February 9 6:00 pm
All parents/guardians, students and staff are automatically a part of the Steller Parent Group. The mission of SPG is to promote parent and guardian involvement in school activities, to solicit, address, and make recommendations regarding issues and policy facing the Steller Community, to support fundraising activities and to facilitate the disbursement of funds.
Even though we aren’t in school in person there is still lots of activity at Steller. Join us Tuesday, November 10 at 6:00 pm to hear reports from Reed, Staff and OpGroup.
Steller Parent Group has been busy too and have lots to share about:
- Approval of 2020-2021 Budget
- The launch of the updated SPG Website
- NEW Steller Flash subscription list
- New Student Directory
- Two fundraising requests to be voted on:
- Touchless hand sanitiser pumps ($320)
- Student snack program for 3rd quarter ($1600)
- Giving Tuesday Fundraising Campaign
Look for the Zoom link from Tami or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Kirsten Tschofen (Chair)
All parents and guardians, students, and staff are automatically part of the Steller Parent Group.
Find out what is happening, have your say on how money is spent, and see how you can help by joining us this Tuesday. If you would like the link to the Zoom meeting please email email@example.com.
November 2020 SPG Agenda
October 2020 Steller Parent Group Meeting Minutes (Meeting minutes are also archived on the website under the Parents tab).